Independent studies show
that students benefit enormously from doing a transition year.
- Students mature before making the critical subject choices necessary for Leaving Cert.
- The extra year spent in Transition Year allows freedom to develop previously untapped talents.
- It allows students to participate to a greater degree than before in Extra Curricular Activities.
- In a structured way it gives many their first experience of the work place.
- It encourages students to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.