Archives

img
08Feb 2019

Patrick Morrisroe

Patrick Morrisroe was consecrated bishop of Achonry in 1911. Very shortly afterwards he gave his attention to providing more facilities for the College. At the priests’ diocesan retreat held in the Cathedral in 1913, Dean Edward H. Connington proposed that all the priests of the diocese would pledge money for..Read More

Read More
08Feb 2019

Edmonstown House

Prior to moving to its present location, St. Nathy’s College resided at Edmonstown House (now the residence of the bishop of Achonry). This was the home to St. Nathy’s College from September 1893. Shortly afterwards, the diocese purchased the Ballaghaderreen Military Barracks from the War Office.   This had been..Read More

Read More