Cross Country Success
St Nathys were well represented last week at South Connaught Regional Cross country event. The competition took place on the grounds of Loughrea Athletics Club. 47 of our students, competed with vigour , and did our school proud!
We had teams in all categories Minor, Junior, Intermediate and Senior- Boys and girls. It was fantastic to see such big numbers competing. It was a tough course, with hidden inclines, sometimes oblivious to the eye but definitely felt by the athletes!
Our Junior girls(6th), Senior girls(3rd), intermediate boys (3rd)s and Senior boys (1st) teams have all qualified for the Connaught Finals on 22nd February. We had some outstanding individual performances as well, with the following athletes all crossing the finish line in the top 30, which qualified them also for the Connaught Finals :
Darragh Molloy, Lucia Mc Donnell, Mila Clancy , James Puncheon, Daniel Anderson, Micaela Roddy, Gordan Casey, Charlie Stokes, Billy Flynn, Evan Powell,Maitiu Lavin, Jack Dodd, Kieran Taheny , Tomas Buckley, Liam Frain, Hazel Redican, Nikkita Regan, Alannah McGreal, Emer Redican.
Congratulations to all our athletes who ran, and best of luck in the Finals!
· Minor Girls: Lucia Mc Donnell, Grace Henry, Ava Dooney, Saerlaith Dillion, Zoe Mc Donagh
· Junior Girls: Sophie Regan, Sarah Boyle, Annie Mai Giblin, Serena Hanley, Mila Clancy, Gracie Finnerty, Tori Duffy
· Intermediate Girls: Kaetlyn Regan, Ellen Henry, Hammah Moynihan, Leah McHugh, Micaela Roddy
· Senior Girls Team : Hazel Redican, Alannagh McGreal, Nikitta Regan, Emer Redican
· Minor Boys: Idrissa Seery, Darragh Molloy, Byron Goarke, Gary Stokes, Jake Jackson, Harry Dooney.
· Junior Boys: Sean Buckley. James Puncheon, Luke McKeon, Daniel Anderson, Uneeb Faraazi , Jamie Frain, Jonathan Mulleady
· Intermediate boys team L-R Jack Madden, Gordan Casey, Fionnan McCann, Charlie Stokes, Ronan McGarry, Shay Madden
· Senior Boys team : L-R :Liam Frain, Tomas Buckley, Jack Dodd, Kieran Taheny, Maitiu Lavin, Evan Powell, Billy Flynn
Leave a Comment