The objectives of the S.R.A. are:
- To promote and develop the educational, social and cultural welfare of all students.
- Offer opinions / advice/ suggestions on how school life could be improved / made more enjoyable for students.
- To provide students with a framework within which decisions may be democratically arrived at and implemented.
- To co-operate with authority for the proper conduct of School Affairs.
- To represent views of students to the Teaching Staff and the School Authorities.
- To actively involve and interest all students in extra-curricular activities such as games, concerts, musicals, drama, quizzes, school magazine, debates, inter-class competitions, charitable organisations etc.
Suggested Areas / Issues to be examined:
Menu in Refectory:
Organisation of games at lunchtime for Junior students.
Seniors helping Juniors with homework (8:15 – 9:15am?) or other times.
Bullying – graffiti on desks / walls: informing of its existence so it will be removed.
Seniors helping weak Juniors with reading (one class per week for six weeks)
Assisting the Chaplain in his work:
Bringing attention to Chaplain students in need of help
Anti Litter Campaign
Lost school bags – retrieval system / suggestions
Acknowledging student achievements on notice boards